Knowledge + Skills + Imagination
Clarinet lessons are available for pre-college, collegiate, and adult students. For clarinet lessons, CLICK on this form to reach Ms. Kroft.
Pre-college students (middle and high school): join a studio of eager and motivated students to learn clarinet and challenge yourself. Studio opportunities include: MTAC Certificate of Merit, All-State & All-County Honor Bands, CMEA Bay Area Honor Band, Student Recitals, Solo Competitions (USIMC, VOCE, etc.), MTNA, Youth Orchestras, and San Francisco Conservatory of Music Pre-College program.
Undergrad and Graduate students: music majors frequently request lessons during summer months and breaks. Ms. Kroft specializes in preparing aspiring performers; balancing and fine-tuning fundamentals & artistic expression.
Adult students: lessons are available at Ms. Kroft’s South Bay studio and through San Francisco Conservatory of Music, Continuing Education department. Adult clarinet students seek a wide-range of guidance from fundamentals to ensemble repertoire to solo performance.
2019 student achievements:
- CBDA All-State Honor Band: 8 students
- SCCBDA All-County Honor Band: 6 students
- MTAC VOCE Solo Competition: First-place
- Student Recital performance
- MTAC Certificate of Merit – State & Branch Honors: 5 students
- MTAC Certificate of Merit “Panel”: State Convention “Panel Master Class” winner
- Youth Orchestras (CYS, GSYO, SJYS): numerous students at all levels
- CMEA Bay Area Honor Band: First-chair Winner
Needless to say, you were an incredible influence on my musical life. I remember how hard we worked my freshman year to audition for All State and how ecstatic I was when I got in!
So, thank you so much for everything. I honestly could not have gotten to where am I today, if it hadn’t been for your tutelage. You instilled in me a love for music that I really couldn’t have gotten anywhere else.
– Leo, former pre-college student